Suggestions Thread

Thought I'd add some new suggestions here.
*Local elections, in non-US countries at least, perhaps have a Mayoral Election for each region to act as the UK's version of Governors, would solve things like regional budgets too.
*Have the position of certain laws differ country to country, for example nationalized healthcare in the UK is the norm so that wouldn't be ELW/VLW.
*Instead of a blanket international tariffs and the option of free trade agreements, instead enable adjustable tariffs per nation, or failing that have embargo's against countries as an option.
*One I will suggest again but not sure whether it'll be enacted or not - in the UK have the races based off the Senatorial races instead of House, to emulate the First Past the Post System of the UK. I know one reason against this was to try and maintain realism (with about 24 seats not being realistic), but neither is having 1,400 seats due to the bug that means everyone keeps their seats if they go inactive. Would also bring more competition back to the UK where everyone is pretty much just guaranteed a seat. Perhaps use my idea of local elections to use the House system. Failing that, maybe consider making the House styled elections currently in use winner takes all to emulate First Past the Post.

Would be excellent to see these ideas considered.

Another one I just thought of, maybe make Power a Freemium game, so for example if you pay a certain amount you're entitled to benefits like being allowed to play in multiple countries, greater profile customization and so on, but nothing to in terms of gameplay to put a subscriber unfairly at a bigger advantage than a non-subscriber.

Oh and while we're at it party customization should be the norm, for example altering positions (or perhaps have how the party generally votes over the long term gradually move the party position nearer to that direction, but not a radical shift immediately), changing the party logo, colour, name and so on (but maybe at the cost of a hefty amount of power to deter meming).

And a final idea whilst we're on the topic of parties, to solve the problem where people have to wait ages until they're in-game chair if they're a big behind in party power, instead have leadership elections as a feature in game, perhaps being able to be triggered by the resignation/deactivation of the current chair as well as at will by them if they opt to do so. Then everyone can enter the leadership race and the party votes on the leader (typically if it's a situation where someone's passing the party onto someone else one person will just enter and everyone votes for them, then they become in-game chair without days if not weeks of people giving them chair votes.

I realize this is probably absurdly unrealistic, but I've thought it for a long while, so I'll suggest it, knowing full well that it'll be ignored. Given that Power now includes government and economic simulation, it seems like adding a religious element would round things out.

Candidates could choose a particular religion that would have a similar effect to positions. (So, if you were running somewhere the population is mostly Protestant, they might would prefer you share their denomination, but they'd quickly pick a Catholic over a Buddhist.)

Each religion could also be like the current parties, in that the player with the most religious power (like party power) would be head of the religion, and could potentially give power to candidates the way you can currently give money.

Atheism could either be classed as its own religion (for practical purposes), or candidates could simply be punished for not choosing a religion, with atheism being similar to independent candidates. Presumably, players could choose to leave their religion and become atheists at any time, as opposed to how once you pick a party in the game, you can't become an independent again.

There could also be a policy related to separation of church and state where at one extreme (separate) the religious head cannot run for office, while at the other (theocracy) the religious head usurps the position of the country's president/prime minister/dictator. Countries like China could even outlaw religion, preventing candidates who weren't atheists (independents) from running at all.

However, I realize that this would be quite an overhaul, and I fully acknowledge that if I were the one who would be putting in effort for it, I would feel a lot different about how worthwhile it would be. This is just a thought I've had for a while, and I figured I would suggest it in the same spirit as buying a lottery ticket.

Another one I just thought of, maybe make Power a Freemium game, so for example if you pay a certain amount you're entitled to benefits like being allowed to play in multiple countries, greater profile customization and so on, but nothing to in terms of gameplay to put a subscriber unfairly at a bigger advantage than a non-subscriber.
Death to the rumreich if this happens.

Another suggestion, can't remember if I said this but I don't care. Make power UK, US etc. separate games on separate sites, so we can play in multiple nations. Make foreign countries in each iteration AI, maybe have an action where you can help impact foreign election results and each different party in power's policies effect things like trade. Would probably get activity up too, more revenue from ads etc. I imagine.